After a successful leg last February in Subic Bay and Bataan, Challenge Philippines is expanding its brand footprint with the announcement of a new race set on June 14 next year—Challenge CamSur.
The official holidays for 2015 have been announced, declared by virtue of Proclamation No. 831, s. 2014 and it looks like we have nine (9) long weekends for the year!
|New Year||Special Holiday|
|Chinese New Year|
|Maundy Thursday||Good Friday||Black Saturday|
|Araw ng Kagitingan|
|Ninoy Aquino Day|
|National Heroes Day|
|All Saints Day|
|Rizal Day||Last Day of the year|
* February 25, 2015, Wednesday is a special holiday normally observed only in schools
Here’s the holiday list in bulleted format:
- January 01, 2015, Thursday – New Year’s Day (Regular holiday)
- January 02, 2015, Friday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)
- February 19, 2015, Thursday – Chinese New Year (Special non-working day)
- February 25, 2015, Wednesday – EDSA Revolution anniversary (Special holiday)
- April 02, 2015, Thursday – Maundy Thursday (Regular holiday)
- April 03, 2015, Friday – Good Friday (Regular holiday)
- April 04, 2015, Saturday – Black Saturday (Special non-working day)
- April 09, 2015, Thursday – Araw ng Kagitingan (Regular holiday)
- May 01, 2015, Friday – Labor Day (Regular holiday)
- June 12, 2015, Friday – Independence Day (Regular holiday)
- August 21, 2015, Friday – Ninoy Aquino Day (Special non-working day)
- August 31, 2015, last Monday of August – National Heroes Day (Regular holiday)
- November 01, 2015, Sunday – All Saints Day (Special non-working day)
- November 30, 2015, Monday – Bonifacio Day (Regular holiday)
- December 24, 2015, Thursday – Additional special non-working day (Special non-working day)
- December 25, 2015, Friday – Christmas Day (Regular holiday)
- December 30, 2015, Wednesday – Rizal Day (Regular holiday)
- December 31, 2015, Thursday – Last day of the year (Special non-working day)
And there are two (2) more special non-working holidays to be declared at a later date:
That gives us a total of 19 non-working holidays and an extra one for schools. And there’s even an opportunity to add two (2) more if you take the following “orphan” Fridays off:
- February 20, 2015, Friday – Day after Chinese New Year
- April 10, 2015, Friday – Day after Araw ng Kagitingan
Time to look out for airfare discounts and plan your vacations! :D
Watching movies on the big screen is probably the best way to see a movie and with intense competition between cinemas it is difficult for one to stand out. One way of taking that movie experience a step higher is through “4D” which is “3D” with an extra “1D.” So what is this additional “D” and how does it improve from 3D?
Manila, Philippines – The biggest and most challenging triathlon race in the country is back this August in its host location, Lapu-Lapu City in Cebu. The Cobra Ironman 70.3 is the highly anticipated premiere-sporting event in the Philippines since 2009. Comprising a strenuous distance of 1.9K swim, 90K bike, and 21K run (totalling 70.3 miles), athletes from all over the word is set to land in the Queen City of South this August 3 to face their toughest test of endurance.
Last Saturday, July 05, 2014 I was introduced to “the fitness phone” Nokia Lumia 630, Bing Health & Fitness, and Windows Phone 8.1 all at the same time, coinciding as well with Bing’s fifth anniversary. What does a “fitness phone” have over typical smart phones you ask?
Unless you do not have any slight care about gadgets, you must have stumbled to at least one of these wearable fitness trackers that flood the market. After all, just about every manufacturer who can is making these. But are they really nothing more than niche products, or do they really offer something we have yet realized we need?